Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An Ode to Andrew Bird

As I'm reading my next novel on my list of novels to read, "Devil in the White City", I felt it only appropriate to listen to my Andrew Bird Pandora Station.  The novel is set back in the late 1800's during the time the world fair was being built in Chicago and one of the first serial killers (Dr. H. Holmes) in America was developing into a killing machine.  It's one of those nonfictional novels that is truly most interesting during the parts that follow the serial killer. I like architecture and all but it is not as chilling as a killer (well to me anyways).  

I love, love, love Andrew bird and his mad violin skills!  I saw him live last year at First Avenue in Minneapolis and he is the most talented live artist I have ever seen.  This man is a musical genius and was predestined to play music.  Anyways, he is from Illinois, and perfected his musical skills at Northwestern University. I feel it's only fitting to listen to a Illinois native, old-timey sounding violin prodigy of today while reading a novel written about Chicago back in the late 1800's.

Here are links to his music:
Fake Palindromes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U7xpGi5SsU&feature=related

Imitosis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXCzFnkxtY&feature=related

I would paste the videos which I tried but I'm still figuring this all out. I highly suggest if you are reading a novel about Chicago that this is the music to listen to.  Just saying.



No comments:

Post a Comment