Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sweating & Running toxinz out

Yesterday, I woke up with a cold - a sniffling, my nose will not stop running type of cold.  I have my old regimen that happens when a cold starts and I swear that it kicks the nasty thing out of my system in about two days.

*Day 1 - Oh no! I have a cold.  When this happens, I typically stay in, rest up, read a lot, and do not do any strenuous exercise or running.  I pop vitamin C pills like no other, and drink copious amounts of green tea and water.

*Day 2 - I feel a little bit better!  I still am sniffling but I feel like I could at least go for a run or do something to sweat out the toxins.  For example, today I ran 3 miles when I woke up and sweat like I ran 10.  During and after the run I started to feel even better.  The key for the remainder of the day is pushing the vitamin C and liquids again.

Day 3 - Repeat - I should be mostly cured and feel like myself.

This is my holistic approach to sweating nasty colds out of my system!  It works for me at least :P)Also, some yummy chicken noodle soup is always a nice added touch.  Tis the season of colds.

No comments:

Post a Comment